Heritage ImagesGetty Images
Whether you’re preparing for a long road trip or looking for ways to simplify everyday life, the right car accessories may help improve your driving experience. This list features some highly-rated products on Amazon.
What Are Accessories for an SUV?
SUV accessories include anything you may use to create a more pleasant driving experience or accomplish a specific task. There’s a wide variety of accessories available to choose from based on your needs, and each offers unique benefits. Some benefits of purchasing accessories for your SUV include:
- Convenience: The range of accessories available on the market helps you transform your car into exactly what you need it to be. For example, use your steering wheel to catch up on work or enjoy takeout with a wheel desk, or add Alexa to your vehicle for hands-free assistance through your speakers.
- Performance: Maintain the integrity of your products and promote their longevity by using products to check and repair tires, batteries, interior features, and more. For example, use a car cleaning kit to care for your car’s interior and exterior, or protect your seats from pet damage with a bench seat cover.
- Appearance: Accessories allow you to personalize your SUV and create a unique appearance that reflects your tastes. For example, consider incorporating strips of LED lights with smart app control to create customized light shows that sync with your music.
- Preparedness: Safety accessories help ensure you’re prepared for an emergency in case you need to provide basic roadside assistance. For example, most emergency road kits include essentials like jumper cables, a small first aid kit, a flashlight, cable ties, a screwdriver, duct tape, and a bungee cord.
- Cleanliness: Use accessories to help keep your SUV clean by providing a place for trash, such as a leak-proof trash can with pockets, to the back of your console. Car seat organizers also help you reduce clutter, especially when driving with children, by providing a place for all of your essentials.
- Safety: SUV accessories may help you drive more safely by reducing distractions and allowing you to drive hands-free. For example, adding a phone holder to your dash allows you to view your GPS while keeping both hands on the wheel.
Types of Accessories for SUVs
Due to the diversity of SUV makes and models and driver needs and habits, there’s a broad range of SUV accessories available with unique purposes.
Technology accessories allow you to use your favorite gadgets more easily. Add a dual-port charger to allow you and a passenger to charge your devices simultaneously, or use a Bluetooth FM transmitter or AUX Bluetooth receiver to connect your device to your stereo. Technology accessories may also help you protect yourself as a driver, such as using a dash cam to track your GPS and speed and record driving footage.
Safety accessories help prepare you to respond in case of an emergency. For example, a car escape tool allows you to break car windows or cut seat belts. Keeping a first aid kit in your SUV also ensures you can treat minor medical emergencies.
SUV accessories for travel help you maximize the use of your vehicle to make travel more enjoyable. Use a rooftop cargo box, kayak roof carrier, or a bike rack to transport everything you need. Transform your SUV when camping with a car air mattress or an attached tent.
Organization accessories are especially important for families with children. Use backseat organizers to provide designated spaces for tablets, snacks, and toys, or add bag hooks to your headrests for easy access to your bags. Keep your car tidy with a folding trunk organizer for your essentials and cable clip organizers to separate cables and prevent them from tangling.
Choose from a variety of accessories that make your driving experience more comfortable. For example, an office chair cushion or a heated seat cushion may maximize your support and comfort when driving. Consider investing in a back and neck massage pillow to alleviate tension and pain when driving, especially during traffic.
Keep your SUV clean with the right accessories. Clean up spot messes with carpet spot remover, and prevent trash pileups with a tiny trash can that fits right in your cup holder. Handle larger messes, from pet hair to crumbs from snacks on the go, with a wet and dry vacuum with a variety of attachments.
Prepare your SUV for driving through all types of weather, starting with all-weather floor mats. Protect your windshield with a custom-made ice cover, or remove snow easily with a combination brush and ice scraper. Add car shades to protect your passengers from the sun and heat, or use a windshield sunshade to reduce the effects of direct sunlight on your steering wheel.
Battery accessories may help you prevent issues that stop you from being able to start your SUV. A battery charger and maintainer helps you charge your battery, extend its life, and monitor power levels.
Food and Drink
Food and drink accessories make it easier for you to enjoy snacks in your SUV. Attach clip-on sauce holders to your air vent for easy dipping and driving. Keep drinks cool on long trips with a portable thermoelectric cooler.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io