With five different spices, lime juice, thyme and a bit of honey, this sweet and spicy jerk chicken will steal the show of any meal. The marinade makes the chicken flavorful and moist, plus it helps reduce harmful carcinogens that are produced from grilled meats.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy
6 chicken breasts (6 ounces each), skinless, boneless and lightly pounded for even grilling
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon green onion, minced
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon clove
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place chicken breasts in a sealed plastic bag.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour onto chicken. Seal bag and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours before grilling.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Place chicken on the grill and cook for 12 to 14 minutes, depending how hot your grill is.
- When chicken juices run clear, remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Makes 6 servings
Total fat: 14 g
Saturated fat: 2.5 g
Sodium: 200 mg
Protein: 36 g
Carbohydrate: 5 g
Dietary fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 3 g
Cholesterol: 110 mg
— Developed by Chef Mitch Keener for Cleveland Clinic Wellness.