The Philadelphia 76ers (46-21) will try to extend a seven-game winning streak when they host the Detroit Pistons (20-47) on Saturday, May 8, 2021 at Wells Fargo Center as heavy, 10.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on NBCS-PH. The matchup’s point total is 222.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 8, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
76ers vs Pistons Betting Odds
76ers vs Pistons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 8
Furkan Korkmaz: Out (Ankle)
Josh Jackson: Out (Tooth),
Rodney McGruder: Out (Elbow),
Dennis Smith Jr.: Out (Knee),
Jerami Grant: Day To Day (Knee),
Cory Joseph: Day To Day (Ankle),
Wayne Ellington: Day To Day (Calves),
Hamidou Diallo: Out (Personal)
76ers and Pistons Records ATS
- Philadelphia has a 36-30-1 record ATS this year.
- The 76ers have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 10.5 points, going 2-3 this season.
- Only 30 of 67 Philadelphia games this season (44.8%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Detroit has routinely covered the spread this season with a record of 34-29-2.
- 44.6% of Detroit’s 65 games this season have topped the over/under.
Head to Head
The Pistons got a team-high 28 points from Delon Wright on the way to a 119-104 victory over Tobias Harris (25 points) and the 76ers in their last matchup on January 25, 2021. The 76ers were 5-point favorites in the game, but the Pistons covered the spread in the loss. The teams put up a total of 223 total points to cover the 216-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/25/2021||76ers||Pistons||-5||216||-190||158||Regular Season||119-104 DET*|
|1/23/2021||76ers||Pistons||-9||215.5||-391||301||Regular Season||114-110 PHI*|
Pistons: Derrick Rose
Pistons: Derrick Rose, Blake Griffin
- Philadelphia and its opponents have hit the over on Saturday’s 222 total in 33 out of 67 games (49.3%) this year.
- In 40.3% of Detroit’s games this season (27 of 67), the total points scored was more than Saturday’s 222-point over/under.
- This season, the average total for 76ers games is 222.1 points, 0.1 more than the over/under of 222 points for this contest.
- Pistons’ games have an over/under of 218 points this season, four points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- The 76ers’ average implied point total this season is 1.3 fewer points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (114.7 implied points on average compared to 116 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, Philadelphia has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (116) 29 times.
- The 112.2-point average implied total on the season for the Pistons is 6.2 more points than the team’s 106-point implied total in this matchup.
- Detroit has scored more than this game’s implied total of 106 points 37 times this season.
- The 76ers are the NBA’s 11th-highest scoring team (113.8 PPG), while the Pistons allow their opponents the 10th-fewest points per game (110.9) in the league.
- The 76ers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 373 points this season (5.5 points per game on average), and opponents of the Pistons have out-scored them by 251 more points on the year (3.8 per game).
- Joel Embiid leads the 76ers in scoring (29.2 points per game) and rebounding (10.8 rebounds per game).
- Embiid’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 45.5, 2.5 greater than his season average of 43.0.
- The team is led in assists by Ben Simmons’ 6.9 per game.
- Simmons’ PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 27.5, 1.1 less than his season average of 28.6.
- The 76ers are led by Danny Green from long distance. He makes 2.5 shots from deep per game.
- Green’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, equal to his season average of 2.5.
- Philadelphia’s steals leader is Matisse Thybulle, who averages 1.6 per game. Embiid leads the team averaging 1.4 blocks an outing.
- Thybulle’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
- Jerami Grant owns the Pistons top spot in scoring with 22.5 points per game and also tacks on 4.6 rebounds and 2.8 assists per contest.
- Grant’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is listed at 33.5, 3.5 higher than his season average of 30.0.
- The Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists are Mason Plumlee (9.3 rebounds per game) and Killian Hayes (5.0 assists per game).
- Plumlee’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 25.5, 2.2 greater than his season average of 23.3.
- Wayne Ellington leads the Pistons in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.6 made threes per game.
- Ellington’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots less than his season average of 2.6.
- Detroit’s Hayes has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.2 per game and Isaiah Stewart is first in blocks with 1.3 per game.
- Stewart’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 1.2 blocks higher than his season average of 1.3.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from