The Air Force Falcons (3-1, 0-1 MWC) take college football’s first-ranked rushing attack into a matchup with the New Mexico Lobos (2-2, 0-0 MWC), who have the No. 11 rushing defense. The Lobos (moneyline odds to win) will host the Falcons ( ) on October 2, 2021 at 6:30 PM ET. A point total of points has been set for the contest.
In this article we will surface what you need to know to make a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, stats and trends, while also providing you with the best odds available.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 30, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Air Force Vs. New Mexico Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Air Force Offense Vs. New Mexico Defense
|Falcons Offense||Stats (Rank)||Lobos Defense|
|33.5 (47)||Points/Gm||24.0 (71)|
|445.0 (35)||Yards/Gm||326.3 (49)|
|87.8 (127)||Pass Yards/Gm||250.0 (98)|
|357.3 (1)||Rush Yards/Gm||76.3 (11)|
|11.0 (3)||Yards/Pass||6.5 (47)|
|5.5 (15)||Yards/Rush||2.7 (15)|
|44.1% (46)||3rd Down %||33.9% (44)|
|1 (4)||Turnovers||7 (16)|
|2 (9)||Sacks||10 (23)|
New Mexico Offense Vs. Air Force Defense
|New Mexico Offense||Stats (Rank)||Air Force Defense|
|18.5 (115)||Points/Gm||18.3 (34)|
|322.8 (113)||Yards/Gm||300.3 (30)|
|190.5 (98)||Pass Yards/Gm||200.3 (48)|
|132.3 (89)||Rush Yards/Gm||100.0 (28)|
|6.0 (110)||Yards/Pass||6.6 (51)|
|3.4 (106)||Yards/Rush||3.4 (40)|
|28.6% (117)||3rd Down %||43.3% (100)|
|3 (27)||Turnovers||3 (93)|
|7 (79)||Sacks||6 (73)|
When Air Force Has The Ball
- The Falcons’ passing attack averages 11.0 yards per pass attempt (third in the FBS). The Lobos give up 6.5 per pass (47th in college football).
- Air Force averages 87.8 passing yards per game (127th in the FBS). It will be up against takes on the Lobos’ defense which ranks 98th, allowing 250.0 yards per game through the air.
- The Falcons have the 47th-ranked offense in the FBS, averaging 33.5 points per game. The Lobos’ defense is 71st, allowing 24.0 points per contest.
- Air Force has allowed two sacks (ninth-fewest in college football), while New Mexico’s defense has totaled 10 (23rd-most).
When New Mexico Has The Ball
- The Lobos average 322.8 yards per game to rank 113th in the FBS. They face a Falcons defense ranked 30th, giving up 300.3 yards per game.
- New Mexico’s offense is 115th in the FBS at 18.5 points per game. Air Force gives up 18.3 per game (34th in college football).
- The Lobos have committed three turnovers, 27th-lowest in the FBS, while the Falcons have forced three turnovers (35th-fewest in college football).
- New Mexico ranks 106th in the FBS averaging 3.4 yards per carry. Air Force gives up 3.4 per rushing attempt (40th in college football).
Air Force Betting Trends And Insights
- Air Force has won two games against the spread this season.
- So far this season, one of Air Force’s games has gone over the point total.
- So far this season, one of Air Force’s games has gone over 46 points.
- The Falcons have been favored on the moneyline three total times this season. They’ve gone 2-1 in those games.
New Mexico Betting Trends And Insights
- New Mexico has put together a 0-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Lobos have not covered the spread when an underdog by 11.5 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- New Mexico’s games have hit the over once this season.
- New Mexico and its opponents have scored more than 46 combined points once this season.
- The Lobos lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Air Force Players To Watch
- Haaziq Daniels has thrown for 169 yards while completing 42.1% of his passes (8-of-19). He’s also carried the ball 50 times for 287 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 71.8 yards per game.
- Brad Roberts has 285 yards on 67 carries (71.3 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns.
- Micah Davis has four catches, leading his team with 78 yards (19.5 ypg) this season.
- Brandon Lewis’ stat line this year shows one catch for 46 yards. He puts up 15.3 receiving yards per game.
- This season David Cormier is averaging 11.5 yards per game, with one catch for 23 yards.
New Mexico Players To Watch
- Terry Wilson has passed for 752 yards while completing 57.1% of his throws (72-of-126), with six touchdowns and two interceptions (188.0 yards per game). He’s also rushed 33 times for 65 yards and one touchdown, averaging 16.3 yards per game.
- Bobby Cole has run for a team-leading 196 yards on 49 attempts (49.0 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Aaron Dumas has 192 yards on 43 carries (48.0 ypg).
- This season Emmanuel Logan-Greene has nine catches and leads the team with 120 yards (60.0 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Kyle Jarvis has hauled in seven catches for 99 yards (24.8 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Luke Wysong has 97 receiving yards on 12 receptions, averaging 24.3 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from