The Boise State Broncos (0-1) square off against the UTEP Miners (2-0) in college football play at Albertsons Stadium in Boise, Idaho. The Broncos () play host to the Miners ( on the moneyline to win) on September 10, 2021 at 9:30 PM ET on FS1. Oddsmakers have listed the game’s total at .
In this article we will provide you with the best odds available and explain what you need to know to make a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, betting trends, plus team and player stats.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 8, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Boise State Vs. UTEP Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Boise State Offense Vs. UTEP Defense
|Broncos Offense||Stats (Rank)||Miners Defense|
|31.0 (58)||Points/Gm||15.5 (46)|
|283.0 (110)||Yards/Gm||261.5 (27)|
|263.0 (48)||Pass Yards/Gm||152.0 (33)|
|20.0 (127)||Rush Yards/Gm||109.5 (58)|
|6.7 (82)||Yards/Pass||5.5 (37)|
|0.8 (127)||Yards/Rush||3.7 (64)|
|28.6% (100)||3rd Down %||21.7% (19)|
|1 (33)||Turnovers||3 (15)|
|0 (1)||Sacks||5 (10)|
UTEP Offense Vs. Boise State Defense
|UTEP Offense||Stats (Rank)||Boise State Defense|
|34.0 (52)||Points/Gm||36.0 (104)|
|461.0 (40)||Yards/Gm||573.0 (126)|
|216.0 (66)||Pass Yards/Gm||318.0 (116)|
|245.0 (27)||Rush Yards/Gm||255.0 (116)|
|10.0 (26)||Yards/Pass||8.6 (105)|
|5.3 (35)||Yards/Rush||5.3 (106)|
|30.4% (95)||3rd Down %||58.8% (118)|
|3 (101)||Turnovers||2 (34)|
|2 (53)||Sacks||3 (37)|
When Boise State Has The Ball
- The Broncos are 110th in college football, gaining 283.0 yards per game, while the Miners rank 27th in yards conceded (261.5).
- Boise State is 100th in the FBS in third-down percentage (28.6%), and will be up against the 19th-ranked UTEP third-down defense (21.7%).
- The Broncos have the 127th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (20.0 yards per game). They face the Miners’ 58th-ranked rushing defense, which allows 109.5 on the ground per game.
- Boise State averages 0.8 yards per carry (127th in college football) compared to the 3.7 per rushing attempt UTEP gives up (64th in the FBS).
When UTEP Has The Ball
- The Miners have the 27th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (245.0 yards per game), and will be facing the 116th-ranked defense in that category, as the Broncos allow 255.0 per game.
- UTEP has the 40th-ranked offense in the FBS in yards per game (461.0). They take on a Boise State defense ranked 126th, allowing 573.0 yards per game.
- The Miners average 10.0 yards per pass attempt (26th in the FBS), and the Broncos allow 8.6 per pass (105th in college football).
- Boise State gives up 5.3 yards per rushing attempt (106th in the FBS). UTEP is 35th in rushing, averaging 5.3 per carry.
Boise State Betting Trends And Insights
- The Broncos are playing as the moneyline favorite in their first game this season.
UTEP Betting Trends And Insights
- This is the first time the Miners will play as underdogs this season.
Boise State Players To Watch
- Hank Bachmeier leads his team with 263 passing yards (263.0 per game) and has a 64.1% completion percentage (25-of-39), throwing two touchdown passes and one interception.
- Andrew Van Buren has 10 carries for a team-high 26 rushing yards (26.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- So far this year Cyrus Habibi-Likio has rushed for 23 yards on 12 carries (23.0 ypg).
- Khalil Shakir has hauled in five catches for 91 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He averages 91.0 receiving yards per game.
- Stefan Cobbs has hauled in four catches for 63 yards (63.0 yards per game).
- Octavius Evans is averaging 32.0 yards per game, racking up four receptions for 32 yards.
UTEP Players To Watch
- Gavin Hardison leads his team with 432 passing yards (216.0 per game) and has a 64.1% completion percentage (25-of-39), throwing four touchdown passes and one interception.
- Ronald Awatt has rushed for a team-leading 200 yards on 30 attempts (100.0 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Willie Eldridge has rushed for 122 yards on 18 carries (61.0 yards per game) this year.
- Jacob Cowing has reeled in seven passes for a team-high 181 yards with two touchdowns. He averages 90.5 yards per game.
- Justin Garrett has contributed with nine receptions for 119 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Tyrin Smith is averaging 76.0 yards per game, with four catches for 76 yards.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from