The Boston College Eagles (2-0) meet the Temple Owls (1-1) in college football play at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Owls (on the moneyline to win) and the Eagles ( ) match up on September 18, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. Sportsbooks have installed an over/under of points for the game.
Before placing a bet on this game, check out this article to see the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the matchup — including key metrics, betting trends, team and player stats and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 17, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Boston College Vs. Temple Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Boston College Offense Vs. Temple Defense
|Eagles Offense||Stats (Rank)||Owls Defense|
|48.0 (8)||Points/Gm||42.5 (124)|
|500.0 (23)||Yards/Gm||363.5 (79)|
|284.0 (31)||Pass Yards/Gm||168.0 (36)|
|216.0 (34)||Rush Yards/Gm||195.5 (106)|
|11.8 (5)||Yards/Pass||5.3 (25)|
|5.7 (19)||Yards/Rush||4.2 (79)|
|68.2% (3)||3rd Down %||32.1% (46)|
|0 (1)||Turnovers||1 (86)|
|0 (1)||Sacks||1 (86)|
Temple Offense Vs. Boston College Defense
|Temple Offense||Stats (Rank)||Boston College Defense|
|29.5 (71)||Points/Gm||14.0 (33)|
|341.5 (90)||Yards/Gm||262.0 (24)|
|196.5 (86)||Pass Yards/Gm||149.0 (26)|
|145.0 (77)||Rush Yards/Gm||113.0 (52)|
|7.7 (61)||Yards/Pass||6.2 (52)|
|4.2 (74)||Yards/Rush||3.5 (57)|
|28.0% (116)||3rd Down %||11.1% (4)|
|5 (121)||Turnovers||4 (11)|
|3 (83)||Sacks||2 (58)|
When Boston College Has The Ball
- The Eagles have the eighth-ranked offense in the FBS (48.0 points per game), and will be up against the Owls’ 124th-ranked defense (42.5 ppg).
- Boston College has given up zero sacks (fewest in college football), while Temple’s defense has one (42nd-fewest).
- The Eagles have committed zero turnovers, lowest in the FBS, while the Owls have forced one turnovers (42nd-fewest in college football).
- Boston College’s running game ranks 34th in the FBS (216.0 yards per game). Temple gives up 195.5 rushing yards per game (106th).
When Temple Has The Ball
- The Owls convert 28.0% of their third-down plays (116th in college football). The Eagles’ defense gives up third-down conversions at an 11.1% clip (fourth).
- Boston College has forced four turnovers (11th-most in the FBS), and Temple has committed five turnovers (seventh-most in college football).
- The Owls are 90th in college football, gaining 341.5 yards per game, while the Eagles rank 24th in yards allowed (262.0).
- Temple averages 196.5 passing yards per game (86th in the FBS). It will be up against takes on the Eagles’ defense which ranks 26th, giving up 149.0 yards per game through the air.
Boston College Betting Trends And Insights
- The Eagles have not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 14-point favorites.
- The Eagles have not been the moneyline favorite so far this season.
Temple Betting Trends And Insights
- The Owls have not played a game this season while listed as the underdog.
Boston College Players To Watch
- Phil Jurkovec has thrown for 325 yards while completing 67.9% of his passes (19-of-28), with three touchdowns and zero interceptions this year (162.5 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball five times for 61 yards, averaging 30.5 yards per game.
- Patrick Garwo III has rushed for a team-high 189 yards on 19 carries (94.5 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Travis Levy has 75 yards on 16 carries (37.5 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Zay Flowers has racked up nine receptions for 203 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He averages 101.5 receiving yards per game.
- Trae Barry has chipped in with 149 yards (on six catches) and two touchdowns.
- This season CJ Lewis is averaging 67.0 yards per game, with three catches for 67 yards.
Temple Players To Watch
- Justin Lynch leads the team with 245 passing yards (122.5 yards per game) and has a 73.1% completion percentage this year (19-of-26) while throwing two touchdowns with one interception. He also has 73 rushing yards on 12 carries with one touchdown, averaging 36.5 yards per game.
- Edward Saydee has ran for a team-leading 81 yards on 21 attempts (40.5 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown. He also averages 15.5 receiving yards per game, grabbing three passes for 31 yards.
- Randle Jones has eight catches and paces his team with 208 receiving yards (104.0 ypg) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Jose Barbon’s stat line this year shows four catches for 72 yards. He puts up 36.0 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from