A Week 4 matchup sees the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-1) play the New England Patriots (1-2). The Patriots ( moneyline odds to win) will play host to the Buccaneers ( ) on October 3, 2021 at 8:20 PM ET on NBC. A total of points has been set for the contest by sportsbooks.
In this article we break down what you need to know before making a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, injury statuses, weather conditions, and the best available odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 2, 2021, 9:18 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Buccaneers Vs. Patriots Betting Odds
Buccaneers Vs. Patriots Player Props
Buccaneers Vs. Patriots Betting Angles
This feed is updated automatically when something happens.
Buccaneers Vs. Patriots Weather
Light rain and 4 mph winds are expected at Gillette Stadium on Sunday (as of 9:18 AM on October 2), with a high temperature of 58 degrees Fahrenheit.
Buccaneers Vs. Patriots Injury Report
Tampa Bay Injuries
|Giovani Bernard||RB||Knee (mcl)||Out|
New England Injuries
|Nick Folk||K||Left Knee||Questionable|
|Kyle Van Noy||LB||Groin||Questionable|
|Cameron McGrone||LB||Knee (acl)||Out|
Buccaneers Offense Vs. Patriots Defense
|Buccaneers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Patriots Defense|
|34.3 (1)||Points/Gm||17.0 (5)|
|0.53 (3)||Points/Play||0.28 (5)|
|406.0 (8)||Yards/Gm||282.3 (5)|
|362.3 (2)||Pass Yards/Gm||180.0 (2)|
|56.3 (31)||Rush Yards/Gm||122.7 (24)|
|6.2 (9)||Yards/Play||4.7 (5)|
|7.7 (14)||Yards/Pass||6.7 (8)|
|3.5 (26)||Yards/Rush||4.0 (13)|
|41.7% (16)||3rd Down %||40.5% (19)|
|71.4% (11)||Red Zone %||62.5% (14)|
|5 (24)||Turnovers||5 (7)|
|6 (13)||Sacks||9 (6)|
Patriots Offense Vs. Buccaneers Defense
|Patriots Offense||Stats (Rank)||Buccaneers Defense|
|18.0 (27)||Points/Gm||29.3 (28)|
|0.27 (27)||Points/Play||0.42 (21)|
|317.7 (24)||Yards/Gm||402.0 (26)|
|245.7 (22)||Pass Yards/Gm||348.7 (32)|
|91.7 (24)||Rush Yards/Gm||63.7 (4)|
|4.8 (27)||Yards/Play||5.8 (17)|
|6.1 (26)||Yards/Pass||7.3 (15)|
|3.9 (17)||Yards/Rush||3.1 (3)|
|44.7% (9)||3rd Down %||53.2% (29)|
|25.0% (32)||Red Zone %||58.3% (11)|
|5 (24)||Turnovers||4 (11)|
|5 (5)||Sacks||3 (32)|
When The Buccaneers Have The Ball
- The Buccaneers are the NFL’s 24th-ranked offense in terms of committing turnovers (5), and are up against the seventh-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Patriots (5).
- Tampa Bay averages 3.5 yards per carry (26th in the league) compared to the 4.0 per rushing attempt New England allows (13th in the NFL).
- The Buccaneers have conceded six sacks to rank 13th in the league. The Patriots’ defense has totaled nine (sixth-most).
- New England allows 122.7 rushing yards per game (24th in the NFL). Tampa Bay’s rushing game ranks 31st in the league (56.3).
When The Patriots Have The Ball
- The Patriots are No. 5 ranked in the league in sacks allowed (five), facing the pass rush ranked 32nd, the Buccaneers (three).
- New England is 32nd in the NFL in red-zone percentage (25.0%), and will be facing Tampa Bay’s 11th-ranked red-zone defense (58.3%).
- The Patriots are ninth in the NFL in third-down percentage (44.7%), and will be up against the 29th-ranked defense in that category, owned by the Buccaneers (53.2%).
- The matchups don’t favor the New England offense in this game, with the No. 24 rushing attack in the NFL (91.7 yards per game), facing the No. 4 defense in that category. Tampa Bay allows 63.7 yards per game on the ground.
Buccaneers Betting Trends And Insights
- Tampa Bay has covered once in three games with a spread this season.
- The Buccaneers have covered the spread once this season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- So far this season, each of Tampa Bay’s games has hit the over.
- Tampa Bay’s three games this season have all gone over this contest’s total of 49.5 points.
- The Buccaneers have been the moneyline favorite three total times this season. They’ve gone 2-1 in those games.
Patriots Betting Trends And Insights
- New England has won one game against the spread this year.
- New England’s games have not hit the over yet this season.
- Each New England game this season has ended with a combined score under 49.5 points.
- This is the first time the Patriots will play as underdogs this season.
Buccaneers Players To Watch
- Tom Brady has passed for 1,087 yards (97-for-141), with 10 touchdowns and two interceptions (362.3 yards per game).
- Leonard Fournette has 24 rushing attempts for a team-leading 92 rushing yards (30.7 per game) and zero touchdowns. He also has 12 catches for 77 receiving yards (25.7 per game).
- So far this season Ronald Jones II has run for 52 yards (17.3 per game).
- Chris Godwin has 19 catches (on 26 targets) and leads the team with 241 receiving yards (80.3 per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Mike Evans has been targeted 25 times and chipped in with 205 yards (on 16 catches) plus two touchdowns.
- Rob Gronkowski has caught 16 passes on 21 targets for 184 yards and four touchdowns.
- Shaquil Barrett has notched a team-leading 1.0 sack, while adding 2.0 TFL, 11 tackles, and one interception.
- Over the course of the current campaign, Lavonte David has totaled 25 tackles and leads the team in tackles.
- Mike Edwards has intercepted two passes to lead the team while adding 11 tackles and three passes defended.
Patriots Players To Watch
- This season Mac Jones has recorded 737 passing yards (245.7 per game) while going 81-for-120 (67.5%) and throwing for two touchdowns with three interceptions.
- Damien Harris has rushed for a team-leading 176 yards on 45 attempts (58.7 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Jakobi Meyers has 19 catches (29 targets) and paces his team with 176 receiving yards (58.7 per game).
- Kendrick Bourne has also chipped in with 123 yards on nine catches and one touchdown. He has been targeted 14 times and averages 41.0 receiving yards.
- Nelson Agholor is averaging 36.7 yards per game, with 10 catches for 110 yards and one touchdown.
- Matthew Judon has 3.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 4.0 TFL and nine tackles.
- This season Ja’Whaun Bentley has totaled 20 tackles and 2.0 TFL, leading his team in tackles.
- J.C. Jackson has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 11 tackles and three passes defended three this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from