Sports

Cedric Ceballos ‘COVID-19 free’ but still in ICU

Former NBA All-Star and Slam Dunk Contest champion Cedric Ceballos tweeted Monday that he’d been moved out of isolation and was “COVID-19 free” but was still in the intensive care unit and dealing with several things relating to the virus.

Thanking those wishing him well in recent days, Ceballos said that while he is out of isolation, he still is unable to “breathe, walk or function” on his own yet.

“I will still fight and I ask for uplifting on your end,” Ceballos said.

Ceballos, who turned 52 last month, tweeted a picture of himself last week with an oxygen mask on his face, saying that it was his tenth day in the intensive care unit. He asked for prayers and wanted to publicly apologize to anyone he had wronged.

Ceballos averaged 14.3 points per game over an 11-year NBA career that saw him play for the Phoenix Suns (twice), Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, Detroit Pistons and Miami Heat. He won the slam dunk contest with the Suns in 1992, and was part of the Phoenix team that reached the NBA Finals and lost to Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls in six games the following year. He later made the All-Star Game with the Lakers.



Most Related Links :
newsbinding Governmental News Finance News

Source link

Back to top button