The Florida International Panthers (1-4, 0-1 C-USA) will look to break their four-game losing streak when they take on the Charlotte 49ers (3-2, 1-0 C-USA). The 49ers, listed aton the spread, take to the road against the Panthers, with moneyline odds to win, on October 8, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. A point total of points has been set for the contest.
In this article we outline key metrics, betting trends, top players and up-to-date odds — everything you need to know before making a bet on the game.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 4, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Charlotte Vs. Florida International Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Charlotte Offense Vs. Florida International Defense
|49ers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Panthers Defense|
|26.8 (81)||Points/Gm||35.2 (118)|
|410.0 (57)||Yards/Gm||497.8 (128)|
|236.0 (61)||Pass Yards/Gm||314.4 (126)|
|174.0 (49)||Rush Yards/Gm||183.4 (105)|
|8.3 (38)||Yards/Pass||8.9 (119)|
|4.5 (53)||Yards/Rush||4.5 (97)|
|44.1% (43)||3rd Down %||42.7% (97)|
|5 (53)||Turnovers||3 (103)|
|3 (18)||Sacks||3 (107)|
Florida International Offense Vs. Charlotte Defense
|Florida International Offense||Stats (Rank)||Charlotte Defense|
|26.8 (81)||Points/Gm||24.2 (68)|
|413.4 (53)||Yards/Gm||428.2 (105)|
|286.6 (23)||Pass Yards/Gm||174.8 (27)|
|126.8 (94)||Rush Yards/Gm||253.4 (129)|
|9.0 (25)||Yards/Pass||7.2 (72)|
|4.1 (78)||Yards/Rush||6.2 (127)|
|36.4% (83)||3rd Down %||36.9% (66)|
|5 (53)||Turnovers||4 (85)|
|7 (78)||Sacks||5 (82)|
When Charlotte Has The Ball
- The Panthers pass rush is one of the FBS’ worst, ranking 107th with three sacks this season, while the 49ers offense is one of the best at protecting the passer, allowing only three (18th in college football).
- Charlotte ranks 38th in the FBS at 8.3 yards per pass attempt. Florida International allows 8.9 yards per passing play (119th in college football).
- The Panthers’ defense ranks 128th in yards allowed per game (497.8), while the 49ers’ offense is 57th in college football at 410.0 yards per game.
- Florida International’s defense allows 314.4 yards through the air per game (126th in the FBS). Charlotte’s 236.0 passing yards per game is 61st in college football.
When Florida International Has The Ball
- The 49ers’ defense ranks 105th in yards conceded per game (428.2), while the Panthers’ offense is 53rd in college football at 413.4 yards per game.
- Florida International averages 4.1 yards per rushing attempt (78th in the FBS), while Charlotte allows 6.2 per carry (127th in college football).
- The Panthers rank 25th in the FBS at 9.0 yards per pass attempt. The 49ers give up 7.2 yards per passing play (72nd in college football).
- Florida International has the 94th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (126.8 yards per game), and will be up against the 129th-ranked defense in that category, as Charlotte allows 253.4 per game.
Charlotte Betting Trends And Insights
- Charlotte has put together a 3-1-1 record against the spread this season.
- The 49ers have won their only game this season when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Games featuring Charlotte have gone over the point total just once this season.
- In two games this season, Charlotte and its opponents have combined to put up more than 58.5 points.
- The 49ers have been listed as the moneyline favorite just one other time so far this season, a game they won.
Florida International Betting Trends And Insights
- Florida International has covered once in four games with a spread this season.
- The Panthers have covered the spread once when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- A total of three Florida International games this season have gone over the point total.
- Florida International has combined with its opponent to score more than 58.5 points only twice this season.
- The Panthers have been listed as the underdog three times this season and have failed to win any of those games.
Charlotte Players To Watch
- Chris Reynolds leads his team with 1,115 passing yards (223.0 per game) and has a 62.7% completion percentage (84-of-134), throwing 11 touchdown passes and three interceptions. He also has 169 rushing yards on 43 carries (with three touchdowns), averaging 33.8 yards per game.
- Calvin Camp has taken 49 carries for a team-leading 290 rushing yards (58.0 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- So far this year Shadrick Byrd has run for 173 yards on 46 carries (43.3 ypg). Byrd also makes an impact in the passing game, catching seven passes for 93 yards (23.3 ypg) while scoring two touchdowns.
- This season Grant DuBose has 24 receptions for a team-high 393 receiving yards (78.6 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Victor Tucker’s stat line this year shows 23 catches for 340 yards and one touchdown. He averages 68.0 receiving yards per game.
- Elijah Spencer is averaging 40.3 yards per game, racking up seven receptions for 121 yards and three touchdowns.
Florida International Players To Watch
- This year, Max Bortenschlager has recorded 1,361 passing yards (272.2 yards per game) while completing 75 of 142 passes (52.8% completion percentage), with 10 touchdowns and four interceptions.
- D’Vonte Price has 75 carries for a team-high 409 rushing yards (81.8 per game) and six touchdowns.
- Shaun Peterson Jr. has 82 yards on 21 carries (20.5 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Tyrese Chambers has grabbed 17 passes for a team-best 471 yards while scoring four touchdowns. He averages 94.2 yards per game.
- Bryce Singleton has chipped in with 21 receptions for 401 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Randall St. Felix is averaging 21.8 yards per game, with eight catches for 87 yards and one touchdown.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from