The No. 15 Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (6-0, 2-0 Sun Belt) bring a six-game winning streak into matchup with the Appalachian State Mountaineers (4-2, 1-1 Sun Belt). The Chanticleers () start the action on October 20, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN2 against the Mountaineers ( on the moneyline to win). Sportsbooks have listed the contest’s point total at .
In this article we break down everything you need before making a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, betting trends, team and player stats, plus up-to-date odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 17, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Coastal Carolina Vs. Appalachian State Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Coastal Carolina Offense Vs. Appalachian State Defense
|Chanticleers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Mountaineers Defense|
|48.8 (1)||Points/Gm||23.5 (60)|
|555.7 (2)||Yards/Gm||379.8 (72)|
|290.7 (16)||Pass Yards/Gm||240.8 (93)|
|265.0 (3)||Rush Yards/Gm||139.0 (62)|
|12.5 (1)||Yards/Pass||7.0 (57)|
|6.7 (1)||Yards/Rush||4.0 (65)|
|61.8% (1)||3rd Down %||33.7% (29)|
|1 (1)||Turnovers||7 (57)|
|3 (12)||Sacks||9 (54)|
Appalachian State Offense Vs. Coastal Carolina Defense
|Appalachian State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Coastal Carolina Defense|
|31.5 (44)||Points/Gm||15.0 (8)|
|436.3 (37)||Yards/Gm||281.8 (9)|
|259.0 (39)||Pass Yards/Gm||152.3 (5)|
|177.3 (46)||Rush Yards/Gm||129.5 (45)|
|8.3 (35)||Yards/Pass||6.0 (11)|
|4.5 (53)||Yards/Rush||3.7 (44)|
|33.3% (109)||3rd Down %||34.1% (30)|
|8 (77)||Turnovers||1 (128)|
|3 (12)||Sacks||4 (107)|
When Coastal Carolina Has The Ball
- The Mountaineers’ defense allows 240.8 yards through the air per game (93rd in the FBS). The Chanticleers’ 290.7 passing yards per game is 16th in college football.
- Coastal Carolina has the second-ranked offense in the FBS in yards per game (555.7). They will be up against a Appalachian State defense ranked 72nd, giving up 379.8 yards per game.
- The Chanticleers rank first with 6.7 yards per carry, compared to the 4.0 per rush the Mountaineers allow (65th in the FBS).
- Coastal Carolina has the third-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (265.0 yards per game), and will be facing the 62nd-ranked defense in that category, as Appalachian State allows 139.0 per game.
When Appalachian State Has The Ball
- The Mountaineers have given up three sacks (12th-fewest in college football), while the Chanticleers’ defense has four (21st-fewest).
- Appalachian State is successful on 33.3% of its third-down plays (109th in college football). Coastal Carolina’s defense gives up third-down conversions at a 34.1% clip (30th).
- The Chanticleers rank 128th in college football with one turnover forced, while the Mountaineers have committed eight (77th).
- Appalachian State’s offense is 44th in the FBS at 31.5 points per game. It will be up against Coastal Carolina’s defense which gives up 15.0 per game (eighth in college football).
Coastal Carolina Betting Trends And Insights
- Coastal Carolina is 3-1-1 ATS this season.
- The Chanticleers are 3-1-1 ATS this season when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- So far this season, two of Coastal Carolina’s games have hit the over.
- Coastal Carolina’s five games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 59 points three times.
- The Chanticleers have won all three of the games they have been favored on the moneyline this season.
Appalachian State Betting Trends And Insights
- Appalachian State has put together a 3-3-0 ATS record so far this season.
- The Mountaineers have been an underdog by 3.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- In Appalachian State’s six chances this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total three times.
- Appalachian State has combined with its opponent to score more than 59 points just twice this season.
- The Mountaineers lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Coastal Carolina Players To Watch
- Grayson McCall leads his team with 1,478 passing yards (246.3 per game) and has a 79.8% completion percentage (87-of-109), throwing 14 touchdown passes and one interception. He also has 79 rushing yards on 31 carries (with two touchdowns), averaging 13.2 yards per game.
- Reese White has run for a team-high 455 yards on 59 attempts (75.8 yards per game) and seven touchdowns.
- Shermari Jones has rushed for 405 yards on 45 carries (101.3 yards per game), with four touchdowns on the ground this year.
- Jaivon Heiligh has 29 catches, leading his team with 573 yards (95.5 ypg) while scoring four touchdowns this season.
- Isaiah Likely has chipped in with 27 receptions for 513 yards and eight touchdowns.
- Kameron Brown is averaging 49.6 yards per game, racking up 15 receptions for 248 yards and one touchdown.
Appalachian State Players To Watch
- Chase Brice leads his team with 1,493 passing yards (248.8 per game) and has a 66.5% completion percentage (119-of-179), throwing eight touchdown passes and five interceptions.
- Nathaniel Noel has 97 carries for a team-high 555 rushing yards (92.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- Camerun Peoples has rushed for 353 yards on 67 carries (88.3 yards per game), with eight touchdowns on the ground this year.
- Corey Sutton has 34 catches, leading his team with 492 yards (82.0 ypg) while scoring three touchdowns this season.
- Thomas Hennigan has also tacked on 25 receptions for 351 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Malik Williams has caught 27 passes for 342 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 57.0 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from