The Indiana Hoosiers (1-1) take on the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-1) at Houchens Industries–L.T. Smith Stadium in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The Hoosiers () travel to face the Hilltoppers ( on the moneyline to win) on September 25, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. The game’s total is currently set at .
Before you place a bet on this game, read this article for the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the matchup — from key metrics and player stats to betting trends and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 20, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Indiana Vs. Western Kentucky Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Indiana Offense Vs. Western Kentucky Defense
|Hoosiers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Hilltoppers Defense|
|31.0 (64)||Points/Gm||29.5 (97)|
|285.5 (113)||Yards/Gm||406.0 (99)|
|157.5 (106)||Pass Yards/Gm||136.0 (21)|
|128.0 (92)||Rush Yards/Gm||270.0 (129)|
|5.9 (106)||Yards/Pass||5.6 (34)|
|3.2 (101)||Yards/Rush||5.3 (111)|
|39.4% (72)||3rd Down %||59.4% (127)|
|3 (79)||Turnovers||2 (58)|
|1 (24)||Sacks||1 (86)|
Western Kentucky Offense Vs. Indiana Defense
|Western Kentucky Offense||Stats (Rank)||Indiana Defense|
|47.0 (10)||Points/Gm||24.0 (78)|
|532.0 (15)||Yards/Gm||282.0 (33)|
|456.5 (1)||Pass Yards/Gm||170.5 (39)|
|75.5 (121)||Rush Yards/Gm||111.5 (49)|
|12.0 (4)||Yards/Pass||5.1 (18)|
|3.4 (98)||Yards/Rush||3.8 (68)|
|68.8% (2)||3rd Down %||26.9% (19)|
|2 (52)||Turnovers||2 (58)|
|0 (1)||Sacks||2 (58)|
When Indiana Has The Ball
- The Hoosiers have the 106th-ranked passing offense in the FBS (157.5 yards per game), and will be facing one of the FBS’ best passing defenses in the Hilltoppers, ranked 21st in that category (136.0 passing yards allowed per game).
- Indiana’s offense averages 5.9 yards per pass attempt (106th in the FBS). Western Kentucky’s defense allows 5.6 yards per passing play (34th in college football).
- The Hoosiers are No. 24 ranked in college football in sacks allowed (one), facing the pass rush ranked 86th, the Hilltoppers (one).
- Western Kentucky gives up third-down conversions on 59.4% of its opponents’ attempts (127th in the FBS). Indiana has a 39.4% third-down conversion rate, which ranks 72nd in college football.
When Western Kentucky Has The Ball
- The Hoosiers allow 111.5 rushing yards per game (49th in the FBS). The Hilltoppers’ rushing game ranks 121st in college football (75.5).
- Western Kentucky has the 10th-ranked offense in the FBS, averaging 47.0 points per game. Indiana’s defense is 78th, giving up 24.0 points per contest.
- The Hilltoppers have conceded zero sacks (fewest in college football), while the Hoosiers’ defense has two (58th-most).
- The 456.5 passing yards per game Western Kentucky averages ranks first in the FBS, while the 170.5 Indiana allows ranks 39th in college football.
Indiana Betting Trends And Insights
- Indiana has won one game against the spread this season.
- The Hoosiers have been favored by 9 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- Indiana’s games have gone over the point total twice this season.
- Only one of Indiana’s three outings has gone over 62.5 points.
- The Hoosiers have not played as the moneyline favorite yet this season.
Western Kentucky Betting Trends And Insights
- The Hilltoppers lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Indiana Players To Watch
- Michael Penix Jr. leads the team with 224 passing yards (112.0 yards per game) and has a 53.2% completion percentage this year (25-of-47) while throwing two touchdowns with three interceptions.
- Stephen Carr has run for a team-leading 175 yards on 41 attempts (87.5 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- So far this year Tim Baldwin Jr. has run for 37 yards on 14 carries (18.5 ypg).
- Ty Fryfogle has 10 catches, leading his team with 113 yards (56.5 ypg) while also scoring one touchdown this season.
- A.J. Barner has hauled in two catches for 78 yards (39.0 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- D.J. Matthews Jr. has totaled 35 yards on seven receptions, averaging 17.5 yards per game.
Western Kentucky Players To Watch
- This year, Bailey Zappe has recorded 859 passing yards (429.5 yards per game) while going 56-for-75 (74.7% completion percentage) and throwing 10 touchdowns and two interceptions. He has added 31 rushing yards on 10 carries with one touchdown, averaging 15.5 yards per game.
- Kye Robichaux has taken nine carries for a team-leading 44 rushing yards (44.0 yards per game).
- Adam Cofield has 42 yards on 13 carries (21.0 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Jarreth Sterns has 16 catches, leading his team with 278 yards (139.0 ypg) while scoring four touchdowns this season.
- Mitchell Tinsley has added 151 yards (on 10 catches) and two touchdowns.
- This season Craig Burt Jr. has caught four passes for 116 yards and one touchdown, averaging 58.0 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from