The Memphis Tigers (3-3, 0-2 AAC) will battle to halt their three-game losing streak in matchup against the Navy Midshipmen (1-4, 1-2 AAC). The Midshipmen (moneyline odds to win) take the field as visitors on October 14, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN against the Tigers ( ). A point total of points has been set for the contest.
In this article we break down everything you need before placing a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, betting trends, team and player stats, plus the best available odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 12, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Memphis Vs. Navy Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Memphis Offense Vs. Navy Defense
|Tigers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Midshipmen Defense|
|36.0 (24)||Points/Gm||32.2 (106)|
|499.3 (10)||Yards/Gm||360.6 (64)|
|323.0 (8)||Pass Yards/Gm||234.2 (80)|
|176.3 (46)||Rush Yards/Gm||126.4 (49)|
|9.0 (23)||Yards/Pass||8.3 (109)|
|4.7 (43)||Yards/Rush||3.6 (45)|
|47.2% (20)||3rd Down %||36.8% (58)|
|6 (56)||Turnovers||6 (62)|
|8 (69)||Sacks||4 (107)|
Navy Offense Vs. Memphis Defense
|Navy Offense||Stats (Rank)||Memphis Defense|
|17.6 (121)||Points/Gm||32.7 (108)|
|281.6 (120)||Yards/Gm||457.2 (117)|
|62.6 (130)||Pass Yards/Gm||316.7 (130)|
|219.0 (18)||Rush Yards/Gm||140.5 (62)|
|7.0 (90)||Yards/Pass||7.1 (63)|
|3.7 (91)||Yards/Rush||3.9 (63)|
|32.1% (112)||3rd Down %||46.5% (118)|
|2 (3)||Turnovers||2 (122)|
|14 (114)||Sacks||4 (107)|
When Memphis Has The Ball
- The Tigers rank 23rd in the FBS at 9.0 yards per pass attempt. The Midshipmen allow 8.3 yards per passing play (109th in college football).
- Memphis’ 24th-ranked scoring offense averages 36.0 points per game. Navy has the 106th-ranked scoring defense (32.2 ppg).
- The Tigers average 323.0 passing yards per game (eighth in the FBS) compared to the 234.2 per game the Midshipmen give up (80th in college football).
- Navy’s defense ranks 64th in yards allowed per game (360.6), while Memphis’ offense is 10th in college football at 499.3 yards per game.
When Navy Has The Ball
- The Midshipmen have committed two turnovers, third-lowest in the FBS, while the Tigers have forced two turnovers (sixth-fewest in college football).
- Navy’s running game ranks 18th in the FBS (219.0 yards per game), while Memphis allows 140.5 per game (62nd-ranked run defense).
- The Midshipmen average 3.7 yards per carry (91st in college football) compared to the 3.9 per rushing attempt the Tigers allow (63rd in the FBS).
- Navy averages 7.0 yards per pass attempt (90th in the FBS) compared to the 7.1 per pass Memphis gives up (63rd in college football).
Memphis Betting Trends And Insights
- Memphis has won just one game against the spread this season.
- The Tigers have not covered the spread when favored by 10.5 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- A total of three out of Memphis’ five games this season have hit the over.
- Memphis’ five games this season have all gone over this contest’s total of 55 points.
- The Tigers have won 33.3% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (1-2).
Navy Betting Trends And Insights
- Navy has won three games against the spread this season, while failing to cover twice.
- The Midshipmen are 3-0 ATS this season when playing as at least 10.5-point underdogs.
- So far this season, three out of Navy’s five games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- Navy’s games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 55 points in three of five outings.
- The Midshipmen have been underdogs in five games this season and won one (20%) of those contests.
Memphis Players To Watch
- Seth Henigan has passed for 1,938 yards while completing 60.7% of his throws (130-of-214), with 14 touchdowns and three interceptions (323.0 yards per game).
- Brandon Thomas has rushed for a team-leading 586 yards on 92 carries (97.7 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns.
- Rodrigues Clark has 283 yards on 42 carries (47.2 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns.
- This season Calvin Austin III has 48 catches and leads the team with 837 yards (139.5 per game) while hauling in eight touchdowns.
- Sean Dykes has also contributed with 26 catches for 438 yards and four touchdowns this year. He averages 73.0 receiving yards per game.
- Javon Ivory has totaled 266 yards on 16 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 53.2 yards per game.
Navy Players To Watch
- This campaign, Tai Lavatai has collected 130 passing yards (43.3 yards per game) while connecting on 7 of 17 passes (41.2% completion percentage), with one touchdown and one interception. He has added 128 rushing yards on 61 carries (plus two touchdowns), averaging 42.7 yards per game.
- Isaac Ruoss has taken 61 carries for a team-leading 233 rushing yards (46.6 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- James Harris II has 214 yards on 47 carries (42.8 ypg).
- Mychal Cooper has racked up six receptions for 128 yards, best on his team. He averages 42.7 receiving yards per game.
- Chance Warren has hauled in three catches for 81 yards (16.2 yards per game).
- Kai Puailoa Rojas is averaging 9.3 yards per game, racking up one reception for 37 yards and one touchdown.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from