The Green Bay Packers (0-1) and the Detroit Lions (0-1) meet in a Week 2 matchup between NFC North foes. The Packers ( ) and the Lions ( to win on the moneyline) kick off the action on September 20, 2021 at 8:15 PM ET on ESPN. The point total for the matchup is set at points.
In this article we break down everything you need before making a bet on the game, including key metrics, weather, injuries, and the best available odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 16, 2021, 5:19 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Packers Vs. Lions Betting Odds
Packers Vs. Lions Player Props
Packers Vs. Lions Betting Angles
This feed is updated automatically when something happens.
Packers Vs. Lions Weather
The weather forecast for Green Bay on Monday is wet (light rain) and windy (17 mph), with a high temperature of 73 degrees Fahrenheit (as of 5:19 PM on September 16).
Packers Vs. Lions Injury Report
Green Bay Injuries
|David Bakhtiari||OT||Knee (acl)||Out|
|Shaun Dion Hamilton||ILB||Undisclosed||Out|
|Tim Boyle||QB||Broken Thumb||Out|
|Jeff Okudah||CB||Torn Achilles||Out|
Packers Offense Vs. Lions Defense (2020)
|Packers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Lions Defense|
|31.8 (1)||Points/Gm||32.4 (32)|
|0.51 (1)||Points/Play||0.49 (32)|
|389.0 (5)||Yards/Gm||419.8 (32)|
|268.7 (11)||Pass Yards/Gm||297.1 (30)|
|132.4 (8)||Rush Yards/Gm||134.9 (28)|
|6.3 (2)||Yards/Play||6.3 (31)|
|8.2 (3)||Yards/Pass||8.5 (32)|
|4.8 (5)||Yards/Rush||4.4 (14)|
|49.4% (2)||3rd Down %||47.2% (28)|
|80.0% (1)||Red Zone %||72.3% (31)|
|11 (1)||Turnovers||12 (31)|
|21 (2)||Sacks||24 (26)|
Lions Offense Vs. Packers Defense (2020)
|Lions Offense||Stats (Rank)||Packers Defense|
|23.6 (20)||Points/Gm||23.1 (13)|
|0.38 (16)||Points/Play||0.38 (16)|
|350.2 (20)||Yards/Gm||334.0 (9)|
|274.8 (8)||Pass Yards/Gm||237.1 (8)|
|93.7 (30)||Rush Yards/Gm||112.8 (13)|
|5.7 (14)||Yards/Play||5.5 (12)|
|7.6 (8)||Yards/Pass||7.1 (12)|
|4.1 (24)||Yards/Rush||4.5 (16)|
|41.1% (15)||3rd Down %||39.5% (10)|
|66.0% (9)||Red Zone %||57.7% (8)|
|21 (17)||Turnovers||18 (25)|
|42 (23)||Sacks||41 (10)|
When The Packers Have The Ball (2020)
- The Packers had the No. 1 offense in the NFL in terms of points per play (0.51) last season, and will be facing what was the worst defense in the league in that category, owned by the Lions (0.49).
- Green Bay’s top-ranked scoring offense averaged 31.8 points per game last season. Detroit had the 32nd-ranked scoring defense (32.4 ppg).
- The Packers committed only 11 turnovers last year (first in league). The Lions forced 12, which ranked 31st.
- The Green Bay offense was the best in the NFL last season with an 80.0% red-zone percentage. Detroit’s defense ranked 31st with a 72.3% opponent red-zone rate.
When The Lions Have The Ball (2020)
- The Lions’ 93.7 rushing yards per game was good for 30th in the NFL last season. The Packers’ defense allowed 112.8 on the ground (13th in league).
- Detroit was 23rd-ranked in the league in sacks allowed last season (42), and is up against the team that ranked 10th in bringing down opposing quarterbacks, Green Bay (41).
- The Lions averaged 350.2 yards per game last season to rank 20th in the NFL. They play a Packers defense that was ranked ninth, giving up 334.0 yards per game.
- Detroit committed 21 turnovers, 16th-highest in the NFL last season, while Green Bay forced 18 turnovers (eighth-fewest in the league).
Packers Betting Trends And Insights
- Green Bay covered 10 times in 16 matchups with a spread last season.
- The Packers did not cover the spread when favored by 11.5 points or more last season (in one opportunity).
- Green Bay and its opponents combined to hit the over nine out of 16 times last season.
- Green Bay’s games last season went over this contest’s total of 48.5 points 13 times.
- The Packers won 11 of the 13 games they were the moneyline favorite last season (84.6%).
Lions Betting Trends And Insights
- Detroit put together a 7-9-0 record against the spread last season.
- The Lions were an underdog by 11.5 points or more last season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Last season, 10 of Detroit’s games went over the point total.
- Detroit and its opponents combined to score more than 48.5 points in 14 of 16 games last season.
- The Lions won three, or 25%, of the 12 games they played as underdogs last season.
Packers Players To Watch
- Aaron Rodgers threw for 4,299 yards last season (268.7 yards per game) while completing 70.7% of his passes (372-of-526), with 48 touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Aaron Jones ran for 1,104 yards on 201 attempts (69.0 yards per game) while scoring nine touchdowns a season ago. He also averaged 22.2 receiving yards per game, grabbing 47 passes for 355 yards and two touchdowns.
- Last season A.J. Dillon rushed for 242 yards on 46 carries (15.1 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Davante Adams hauled in 115 passes for 1,374 yards last season with 18 touchdowns. He was targeted 148 times and averaged 85.9 yards per game.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling added 33 catches for 690 yards and six touchdowns last year. He was targeted 63 times and put up 43.1 receiving yards per game.
- Robert Tonyan caught 52 passes on 59 targets for 586 yards and 11 touchdowns, averaging 36.6 yards per game last season.
- Last season, Za’Darius Smith piled up 12.5 sacks, 16.5 TFL and 69 tackles.
- De’Vondre Campbell’s 2020 campaign saw him total 129 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks.
- Darnell Savage Jr. picked off four passes and tacked on 94 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and 12 passes defended last season.
Lions Players To Watch
- Jared Goff threw for 3,952 yards while completing 67% of his passes (370-of-552), with 20 touchdowns and 13 interceptions last year (247.0 yards per game).
- D’Andre Swift took 114 attempts for 521 rushing yards a season ago (32.6 yards per game) while scoring eight touchdowns. He also caught 46 passes for 357 yards (22.3 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns through the air.
- Last year Jamaal Williams ran for 505 yards on 119 carries (31.6 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Last season T.J. Hockenson hauled in 67 passes (on 101 targets) for 723 yards (45.2 yards per game) with six touchdowns.
- Quintez Cephus caught 20 passes on 35 targets for 349 yards and two touchdowns last year, averaging 21.8 yards per game.
- Last season Romeo Okwara piled up 10.0 sacks, 14.0 TFL and 56 tackles.
- Jamie Collins Sr.’s 2020 campaign saw him total 147 tackles, 6.5 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception.
- Dean Marlowe picked off two passes while adding 28 tackles, 2.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and three passes defended a season ago.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from