Sun Belt rivals square off when the South Alabama Jaguars (3-2, 0-2 Sun Belt) hit the field against the Georgia Southern Eagles (2-4, 1-2 Sun Belt) at Hancock Whitney Stadium in Mobile, Alabama. The Jaguars () and the Eagles ( to win on the moneyline) take to the field on October 14, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPNU. The matchup’s over/under is currently listed at .
In this article we break down what you need to know before placing a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, betting trends, team and player stats, plus updated odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 14, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
South Alabama Vs. Georgia Southern Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
South Alabama Offense Vs. Georgia Southern Defense
|Jaguars Offense||Stats (Rank)||Eagles Defense|
|26.0 (85)||Points/Gm||32.7 (108)|
|205.0 (130)||Yards/Gm||357.7 (61)|
|123.2 (125)||Pass Yards/Gm||248.3 (93)|
|81.8 (126)||Rush Yards/Gm||109.3 (28)|
|8.4 (35)||Yards/Pass||9.7 (128)|
|3.4 (106)||Yards/Rush||4.3 (82)|
|30.5% (118)||3rd Down %||41.8% (91)|
|8 (86)||Turnovers||1 (128)|
|4 (22)||Sacks||8 (63)|
Georgia Southern Offense Vs. South Alabama Defense
|Georgia Southern Offense||Stats (Rank)||South Alabama Defense|
|24.8 (90)||Points/Gm||20.0 (30)|
|274.0 (123)||Yards/Gm||190.8 (1)|
|105.8 (126)||Pass Yards/Gm||117.0 (1)|
|168.2 (58)||Rush Yards/Gm||73.8 (5)|
|5.9 (122)||Yards/Pass||6.5 (34)|
|4.5 (55)||Yards/Rush||3.0 (17)|
|31.1% (115)||3rd Down %||21.1% (2)|
|4 (12)||Turnovers||8 (26)|
|10 (87)||Sacks||11 (32)|
When South Alabama Has The Ball
- The Eagles allow 109.3 rushing yards per game (28th in the FBS). The Jaguars’ rushing game ranks 126th in college football (81.8).
- South Alabama ranks 35th in the FBS at 8.4 yards per pass attempt. Georgia Southern gives up 9.7 yards per passing play (128th in college football).
- The Jaguars’ offense is 130th in college football averaging 205.0 yards per game, while the Eagles rank 61st in yards allowed (357.7).
- Georgia Southern ranks 128th in college football with one turnover forced, while South Alabama has committed eight (86th).
When Georgia Southern Has The Ball
- The Eagles average 105.8 passing yards per game (126th in the FBS). They play the Jaguars’ defense which ranks first, allowing 117.0 yards per game through the air.
- Georgia Southern has the 123rd-ranked offense in the FBS in terms of yards per game (274.0), and will be facing a top-10 defense in that category, the No. 1 ranked South Alabama (190.8).
- The Eagles have a 31.1% third-down conversion rate, 115th in the FBS. The Jaguars allow third-down conversions on 21.1% of their opponents’ attempts (second).
- Georgia Southern averages 5.9 yards per pass attempt (122nd in the FBS) compared to the 6.5 per pass South Alabama allows (34th in college football).
South Alabama Betting Trends And Insights
- South Alabama has covered twice in five games with a spread this season.
- The Jaguars have not covered the spread when favored by 3 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- South Alabama’s games have hit the over twice this season.
- South Alabama’s matchups have gone over 50 points only once this season (in five contests).
- The Jaguars have gone 2-1 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 66.7% of those games).
Georgia Southern Betting Trends And Insights
- Georgia Southern has won three games against the spread this season, while failing to cover twice.
- The Eagles have covered the spread twice this season (2-2 ATS) when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- This season, games featuring Georgia Southern have gone over the point total twice.
- Georgia Southern has played three games this season that have had more than 50 combined points scored.
- This season, the Eagles have been listed as the underdog in four games and failed to win any of those contests.
South Alabama Players To Watch
- Jake Bentley has passed for 616 yards while completing 68.5% of his throws (50-of-73), with four touchdowns and one interception (154.0 yards per game).
- Kareem Walker has churned out a team-best 176 rushing yards (88.0 per game) and three touchdowns.
- A.J. Phillips has 74 yards on 19 carries (74.0 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Jalen Tolbert has reeled in 12 passes for a team-high 306 yards with one touchdown. He averages 102.0 yards per game.
- Jalen Wayne has also chipped in with nine receptions for 108 yards.
- This season Caullin Lacy is averaging 22.0 yards per game, with 10 catches for 88 yards.
Georgia Southern Players To Watch
- Justin Tomlin has passed for 450 yards while completing 53.6% of his throws (37-of-69), with zero touchdowns and four interceptions (150.0 yards per game). He’s also rushed 45 times for 100 yards and one touchdown, averaging 33.3 yards per game.
- Gerald Green has churned out a team-best 311 rushing yards (77.8 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Logan Wright has 266 yards on 55 carries (53.2 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns. He also has nine catches for 102 yards (20.4 ypg).
- Khaleb Hood has hauled in 14 passes for a team-best 156 yards. He averages 39.0 yards per game.
- This season Beau Johnson has caught eight passes for 79 yards, averaging 19.8 receiving yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from