The San Antonio Spurs (33-38) are 8.5-point underdogs as they attempt to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Phoenix Suns (50-21) on Sunday, May 16, 2021 at AT&T Center. The contest airs at 2:00 PM ET on BSSW. The matchup has an over/under of 226.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 16, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Suns vs Spurs Betting Odds
Suns vs Spurs Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 16
Deandre Ayton: Out (Knee),
Abdel Nader: Out (Knee),
Cameron Johnson: Out (Wrist)
Rudy Gay: Out (Heel),
Derrick White: Out For Season (Ankle),
Trey Lyles: Out (Ankle),
Luka Samanic: Out (Hand),
Dejounte Murray: Out (Back),
DeMar DeRozan: Out (Rest),
Jakob Poeltl: Out (Rest)
Suns and Spurs Records ATS
- Phoenix has a 42-28-1 record ATS this year.
- When favored by at least 8.5 points, the Suns are 9-8 against the spread this season.
- 41 of 71 Phoenix games this season (57.7%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- San Antonio has a 38-32-1 record ATS this season.
- 49.3% of San Antonio’s 71 games this season have stayed under the over/under.
Head to Head
Devin Booker scored a team-high 27 points to help lead the Suns over Gorgui Dieng (18 points) and the Spurs 140-103 in their most recent matchup on May 15, 2021. The Suns were favored by 10.5 points in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams scored 243 total points to cover the 226-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|5/15/2021||Suns||Spurs||-10.5||226||-601||437||Regular Season||140-103 PHO*|
|4/17/2021||Suns||Suns||-12||223.5||-770||527||Regular Season||111-85 SA*|
Spurs: DeMar DeRozan, Dejounte Murray, Derrick White
Spurs: DeMar DeRozan
- Phoenix’s games this year have resulted in a higher total score than Sunday’s matchup over/under (226 points) in 35 out of 71 opportunities (49.3% of matchups).
- In 49.3% of San Antonio’s games this season (35 of 71), the total points scored was more than Sunday’s 226-point over/under.
- The Suns have seen a 224.5 average over/under in their games this season, 1.5 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Spurs’ games have an over/under of 223.6 points this season, 2.4 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
- The average implied total for the Suns this season is 114.2 points, 2.8 fewer points than their implied total of 117 points in Sunday’s game.
- So far this season, Phoenix has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (117) 33 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Spurs (114.5) is 5.5 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (109).
- San Antonio has totaled more than 109 points in 42 games on the season.
- The Suns are at the sixth spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (115.2 PPG), while the Spurs allow the 18th-fewest points per game (112.7) in the league.
- The Suns have totaled a total of 417 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 5.9 per game), while the Spurs have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 123 total points, 1.8 per game).
- The Suns scoring leader is Booker, who contributes 25.6 points per game.
- Booker’s points prop total for the game is set at 33.5, 7.9 points greater than his season average of 25.6.
- Chris Paul leads Phoenix with 8.9 assists a game and Deandre Ayton paces the squad with 10.5 rebounds per matchup.
- Ayton’s rebounding prop total for the game is posted at 11.5 rebounds, 1.0 rebound greater than his season average of 10.5.
- Jae Crowder is the top three-point shooter for the Suns, knocking down 2.5 per game.
- Crowder’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 6.5, 4.0 shots higher than his season average of 2.5.
- Phoenix’s steals leader is Paul, who averages 1.4 per game. Ayton leads the team averaging 1.2 blocks a contest.
- Ayton’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
- DeMar DeRozan takes the top spot on the Spurs scoring and assist lists, tallying 21.6 points and 7.0 assists per game.
- DeRozan’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 24.5, 2.9 points greater than his season average of 21.6.
- Jakob Poeltl collects all of the boards and is the San Antonio leader in rebounds, pulling down 7.9 per game.
- Poeltl’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 17.5, 0.8 less than his season average of 18.3.
- Patty Mills is tops from three-point range for the Spurs, knocking down 2.4 threes per game.
- Mills’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.9 shots less than his season average of 2.4.
- San Antonio’s Dejounte Murray has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.5 per game and Poeltl is first in blocks with 1.8 per game.
- Poeltl’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from