Ty Johnson and the New York Jets will face the Carolina Panthers at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday in Week 1 of the 2021 NFL campaign. In this article, we dig into all of Johnson’s prop bets set for this matchup, and examine the stats to figure out the best bets and top trends ahead of this outing.
Ty Johnson Week 1 Player Props
Ty Johnson Rushing Trends Vs. Carolina Panthers
- Johnson will go up against a Panthers squad that allowed 121.0 rushing yards per game last season and was the NFL’s 20th-ranked rush defense.
- Sunday’s rushing yards over/under for Johnson is 27.5. That’s 10.6 more than his average of 16.9 last season.
- Johnson would have hit the over on his rushing yards prop bet total for this week (27.50) in three of 15 games last season.
- The average rushing yards over/under for Johnson last year (31.5) was higher than his season average for rushing yards (16.9).
- Johnson hit his rushing yards over once in six games played last season.
- The Jets are up against the NFL’s 18th-ranked D in terms of rushing TDs allowed last year (17).
- Johnson had one rushing touchdown last season in 15 games played.
Ty Johnson Receiving Trends Vs. Carolina Panthers
- The 251.5 yards per game the Panthers gave up through the air last season made them the NFL’s 16th-ranked pass defense.
- Johnson averaged 6.6 receiving yards per game last season, 5.9 fewer than his prop bet over/under for Sunday’s game (12.50).
- In 26.7% of his games last year (four of 15), Johnson had totaled more than 12.50 receiving yards.
- Johnson’s season average of 6.6 receiving yards per game was 4.4 fewer than the average over/under of his prop bets last season (11.0).
- In three of his six games last season (50.0%), Johnson went over on receiving yards prop bets.
- The Panthers’ defense was 16th in the NFL last year, conceding 1.8 passing touchdowns per game.
- In one of 15 games last year, Johnson had a receiving touchdown. But he had no games with multiple receiving TDs.
Odds and insights reflect DraftKings player props available as of September 11, 2021.CLICK HERE to place your bet on Ty Johnson or the New York Jets at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Jets Vs. Panthers Betting Odds
Search More Player Props
Powered By Data Skrive using data from