“At least 10” former Kensington Palace staffers are “queuing up” to assist an independent inquiry set up in the wake of bullying claims against Meghan Markle, The Mirror understands.
Meghan, 39, has not yet been formally interviewed over claims she presided over a “toxic” work environment while at the palace, sources have revealed.
The “review” of working practices being conducted by an independent law firm was launched in March.
The Duchess of Sussex will issue a complete rebuttal of a series of allegations that she “bullied” her staff by demanding Buckingham Palace hand over a “point-by-point” breakdown of their claims.
What is your view? Have your say in the comments section
Insiders close to Meghan claim a “brutal showdown” is on the horizon as she prepares to fight claims she bullied two senior members of staff during her time as a working royal.
Meghan and Prince Harry stepped back from royal duties a year ago in a bid to launch an independent life in the US.
The couple now live in California with son Archie and new daughter, Lilibet.
The findings from the review were expected to be announced in the annual Sovereign Grant report to be published on Wednesday but the probe is “ongoing” and may even be delayed until next year.
A source close to the inquiry said: “The feeling is this is heading for a brutal showdown between the Duchess of Sussex who is understood to be disputing all allegations labelled against her.
“The Palace is taking each and every allegation very seriously and wants to get to the truth of the matter and ensure those speaking up deserve to be heard.
“But Meghan is adamant the staff were not up to their job and could not deal with the pressure of working for her and understanding how she wanted things to run.”
Follow all the latest royal news by signing up to one of the Mirror’s newsletters
A complaint was made in October 2018 against Meghan while she and Harry were living at Kensington Palace.
A leaked email sent from a staff member, revealed by The Times, alleged that Meghan drove two personal assistants out of the household and undermined the confidence of a third member of staff.
Buckingham Palace said it would investigate the claims, adding that it was “very concerned” by the allegations.
The palace said it “does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment”.
It will speak to the members of staff involved “to see if lessons can be learned”, a statement added.
In a statement, Buckingham Palace said: “We are clearly very concerned about allegations in the Times following claims made by former staff of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.”
“Accordingly, our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article. Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the Household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned.
The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.”
A spokesperson for the Duchess has previously said Meghan was the victim of a “calculated smear campaign” ahead of her tell-all interview with Harry and chat show host Oprah Winfrey.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said on Monday night: “The review is ongoing and we would not comment while it is still underway.”