Love Island has confirmed its first male Islander as VIP events host Aaron Francis as the 2021 line-up reveal kicks off.
The 24-year-old from London will be stepping foot in the villa in a bid to find love after a tough year of singledom.
Opening up about his reason for taking part in the dating show, he admitted that everyone wearing masks had made it a little difficult and that the dating world is “a little off”.
He said: “I’ve been single for about six or seven months and the dating world at the moment is a little bit off. Everyone’s wearing masks. You can’t really see anyone which makes dating a lot harder. I do prefer relationships than dating.”
Aaron has met a number of celebs over the years by working at high-profile events, including a royal wedding or two…
“Yeah, Eugenie and Beatrice’s over the summer,” he said. “I hosted and chatted. It was nice and intimate. Everyone’s chill. In my job you meet a lot of famous people… unless you’re Beyonce, I’m not really interested.”
Speaking about what he was looking for in a girlfriend, he said: “I need someone that is passionate about what they are doing – from scientist to anything – you can tell when someone is speaking about something and they are actually smiling while they are talking.
“I love that. I don’t like when people are doing a job just to make money and then they kind of just live for the weekend. Especially because I work on the weekends.”
The hit ITV2 show is making its much-anticipated come-back next week after a year and a half away from the screen.
This year, Love Island has assured its viewers that it is taking the welfare of its cast very seriously and has even told viewers to be kind in wake of the trolling and criticism previous Islanders have received.
Islanders have also been trained in trolling and finance to help them cope with the sudden fame that comes with being part of the show.
Initially, bosses feared that this year’s cast wouldn’t be able to return to Majorca due to restrictions amid the pandemic – and that it could have taken place in the UK, but thankfully the show has been able to make it happen.
The show, which will be hosted by Laura Whitmore and narrated by her husband Ian Stirling, will be set in the Spanish island.
Prior to their appearance on Love Island, all of the stars have needed to quarantine two weeks ahead of entering the swanky villa.
Islanders have also had to have their phones confiscated and their social media handed over to loved ones, who can update while they are on the show.
Former Love Island contestant Maura Higgins – who made her explosive entry into the villa on day 10 – previously explained that her phone was taken away before she even jetted overseas.
Speaking to This Morning last year, Maura admitted she was surprised her phone was confiscated so early.
“I got my phone taken off me on the shuttle bus to the terminal when I landed. I didn’t think it would be that quickly,” she said.
*Love Island returns next Monday at 9pm on ITV2